Thursday, November 21, 2013

Ideas for Project Beauty Swap!

You guys had awesome ideas today! Just write them down here and we'll check them out :)

<3,
Social

5 comments:

  1. We talked about the fun in winter formal dress shopping. I can't say because I am a guy but if we do get over a 100 dresses to bid on by several people then I think it would be the same as choosing from 100's of dresses at stores.
    Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only concern was in the case of damage to clothing, but other than that seems like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The goal should be to encourage people to go and having a dress swap would definitely help some girls make up their minds. I doubt that we would make a substantial amount of money off of this because as Neil mentioned in class, people can swap dresses on their own. Girls will not like the idea of having half the proceeds go towards Social as well and this may deter them from participating.

    Also, I think the same concept applies to the poster-making as well. If we are trying to encourage people to ask others, why are we charging them for it? I understand that we're trying to fundraise, but the money gained from these types of fundraisers are, in my opinions, detrimental as a whole. We won't gain much income at all. People honestly do not like to pay extra money for anything.

    Keep in mind that the opinions that I displayed are based on the assumption that we earn profit from each $35 bid that we sell and that the most effective form of "fundraising" is to get more people to go. My general point is that we should be encouraging people to go by aiding them in various ways - helping them get dates, helping them get dresses, etc. and not to discourage them from going by tacking on additional costs in hopes of gaining revenue when they will probably bring in minimal income.

    Great job thinking of these new, innovative ideas! I'm sure they will come in handy in the future as we refine tactics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assuming that you guys are planning on hosting this event some day after school, definitely keep in mind that a lot of girls are in winter sports!
    If you guys have it after school from 3-5, people playing sports won't have the chance to bid on dresses. However, if you have it from 5-7, I'm scared that a lot of girls won't come back to school just to look around at the dresses. If you guys have it from like...3-7, I feel like it would be very unlikely for the girls that placed a bid on a dress right after school would come back right before the event ended just to check and see if someone else placed a bid on it.

    (sorry if this doesn't make sense LOL I'm struggling to put my thoughts into words!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A possible problem that I am afraid will arise is what will happen if while the girl is trying the dress on something happens? They havnt bid on it yet but while they were trying it on they fell or somethig and tore it and put the dress back? Just something to think about. also jewlery maybe also something people may want to rent.

    ReplyDelete