Saturday, May 24, 2014

Powderpuff 2014 Debrief

Hey y'all!

Athletics would love some feedback on what you guys thought of powderpuff this year. Let us know what you guys thought worked, didn't work, and any suggestions to make powderpuff an even better event.

Thank you!!!!

Love,
Athletics

10 comments:

  1. I think powderpuff turned out REALLY good this year!!!

    There were a lot of people who went to the football games which I definitely didn't suspect and I really loved the performances! Releasing the HC theme there was a great idea cause it definitely attracted more people to go watch :)

    Not sure if this is something you can change/regulate, but I thought it was a bit unfair that some football teams had half the amount of people as others. i.e. the freshman had like 20 girls i think and the other classes seemed to have a lot less.

    But yea overall it was SUPER fun and you guys did a great job planning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powderpuff was, as usual, a really fun event. Notes:
    -Watching out more carefully for when track maintenance is so we can all play on the field
    -Maybe making it mandatory for the boys to come cheer the girls on during the games, because sometimes the participation was a little one-sided
    -We will try to make theme announcements less awkward, but I did think that announcing it after routines gave more exposure
    -Shirts were really cute but some colors were a little off/not what we expected so maybe run the final colors by class presidents/officers before sending in orders

    Overall, great event! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Powderpuff went well this year- both games and routines! I attended two games and the routines, and I had a lot of fun as an audience member.
    Notes:
    -announcements were hard to hear during the game
    -nice shirt design/colors
    -good job getting the shirts out efficiently and on time
    -not being able to play on the actual football field was a little weird, but you made adjustment easy
    -routines were hilarious

    Great job athletics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powderpuff was quite interesting this year, from mismatched color shirts to unbalanced teams, there were a few minor issues. Many have been noted above and I won't repeat them. Good job on getting shirts out, athletes to join, and boys to cheer. Personally I found powderpuff too intense this year, I always thought of it as a fun game and more of a fun event then having the football players trying to coach the girls on tactics and plays. I think an event where only the players are allowed on the field and the cheerleaders must stay on the track and not talking to the players would have been more fun/ less stressful. Also, ensuring the cheerleaders would actually cheer would have been a bit more interesting. Some classes had great cheers at the games, others didn't have any cheers at all. Routines on friday were..... interesting. I'm glad no one got hurt, and the dances were quite interpretive and funny at times. I think having powderpuff not coincide with fashion show would have been a bit better, but overall the event was a big success. I am glad people showed up to the games, and that there were fans out in the stands too. Would recommend for next year, maybe a different week though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powderpuff was a lot of fun! I think there was a lot of attendance and it was overall pretty exciting. As said in previous posts, I also think the attendance is one-sided. Both girls and guys put in equal amount of work, so both deserve equal attention. I don't know what you can do to increase attendance at the football games, but there should definitely be more support.
    The dances, as usual, were pretty great. The idea to release the homecoming theme was also a really good idea! It prompted way more people to actually stay at school for lunch and they ended up having a good time!
    Overall, great job, Athletics!! Powderpuff was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pros:
    - Shirt designs were excellent
    - Shirts arrived well beforehand, gave CP's chance to hunt people down for shirts
    - Fun games, routines as usual

    Suggestions:
    - Check in with CP's to make sure colors are correct (we got red as opposed to maroon, which is much darker)
    - Make sure to know when track maintenance is taking place
    - Attendance definitely declined for the final girls game. I don't think this was just a lack of underclassmen interest (only upperclassmen in final), but also a decline of general school interest in the girls games I don't know if more promotion for the final would be a solution, but I definitely think that would help.
    - I think some sort of kick-off should happen after touchdowns (in which the other team has time to catch and then progress up the field). Otherwise, the team that starts off as defense is basically stuck on their side for the rest of the game unless one of their players makes a huge run (this is even more important because most of the girls can't throw very far or just won't run throwing plays). This makes it pretty unfair for the team that starts defending, and they end up being on the backfoot the entire game.

    Overall: Overall, I thought Powderpuff was exceptionally fun this year; as far as I can remember, last year's Powderpuff was pretty entertaining but I don't think it was nearly as fun as it was this year (perhaps because I was very involved with both girls and boys powderpuff groups). Good Job, Athletics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pros:
    1. Definitely more attendance from past years
    2. Excellent transition on the day when the field wasn't available (but I mean really district ...)
    3. Information was well spread on the events.

    Cons:
    1. The guys from the juniors and seniors didn't have routines during the games which killed some of the hype/spirit.
    2. The dances get more and more inappropriate each year even though there are ways to make the dance funny without being inappropriate ...
    3. The down markers were helpful for people who actually understand football, and we used them last year, so they might be nice to bring back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One suggestion that I wanted to bring up:
    You should test the stadium sound system the week before and get it all set up so that there's commentary on the first game of the week.
    Although there was no commentary at any of the games that I attended, I feel like that would make the games much more interesting to the spectators in the stands, especially those who don't really know too much about football.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the biggest thing for me and many juniors in particular was just the week Powderpuff came -- it was right after AP exams (which was why I didn't participate this year) so it was beyond difficult for us to do anything. I know this is always around the time it happens, but I definitely felt that "upperclassman crunch time" superseded any sort of spirit activity. Next year's Athletics can choose whichever date they'd like and keep that in mind :)

    As for Homecoming theme, ASBOs can definitely work on making that more exciting. I'm happy that people stayed to hear it (@Meera) but I think it came off really awkwardly.

    Great week, agree with everything else. As usual, Athletics did an awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Powderpuff was amazing this year.

    Pros:
    1) A lot more participation from the promos but many more people came out.
    2) A lot of support from staff: not sure if something was done differently, but a lot of my teachers reminded us about the games or asked who was playing who.
    3) good promo for sure. It was clear who was playing who and when. Not many complaints about the winner.

    Con's:
    1) involving more staff: we don't see many staff members come out and watch. Its nice to see them out there.
    2) ASB promo would work best since it would deter class competition.
    3) timing: I know it's traditionally at the end, but really choosing wisely so more people can participate.
    4) appropriate dances should be enforced a little more so that people don't just do whatever they want.

    Great job and I can tell many people enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete