Hey guys!
Anshul and I would appreciate some feedback on any of the fall game of the seasons you guys attended.
Our goal is to promote school spirit/attendance at games.
Some questions to get the feedback juices flowin':
1. What game of the season did you attend?
2. Were students pumped/excited?
3. Was the attendance high or low?
4. If attendance was low, what can we do better to promote more attendance?/ If attendance was high, what did we do well?
1) I attended the girls' volleyball game of the season
ReplyDelete2) yes, I was pumped knowing our opponent was cupertino and that we had a chance of beating them
3) attendance was alright... volleyball games don't tend to get too many viewers
4) I think promoting who our opponent is might help. But honestly, I see you guys put up posters, it's in the announcements, and you guys do things on top of the quad- I don't know what else you can add. Maybe promote it in a way that gets the non-volleyball students involved? I'm sorry I have none at the top of my head but yes. Maybe make game of the season free so more people are willing to go. (For those who don't have ASB)
1) I attended the football game of the season but came late.
ReplyDelete2) The game was well promoted as the "last home game" with blasts sent out to students and parents. Personally, I was excited to go and many of my friends were.
3) Because I came late, I think the attendance had dwindled by the time I arrived (after the game wasn't going in our favor).
4) I think that the promotion was well done and unfortunately, not everything could go our way but props to Athletics! I wasn't there for the on field game so if someone else wants to talk about that, that would be great! To further publicize, if you handed out something like the seat cushions, that would be a good incentive. Also, I know we've talked about this in the past, but it would be fun to keep track of how many games someone attended and raffle off shirts (like the Go Vikes shirt raffle last year for girls basketball) at the last game.
1) I went to the girls' varsity tennis game of the season
ReplyDelete2) There weren't really any other students there, but I was definitely excited :)
3) The attendance was low, but I do think that tennis doesn't get very many viewers in general so I wouldn't have expected different.
4) I definitely think we should do more promo for sports like tennis or volleyball because not many people know when the games are in my opinion so if we promo that rather than promo-ing just "go tennis!" or "lady vikes rule" or whatever but more actual INFORMATION about the game would be good.
1) I was at the girls' water polo game of the season
ReplyDelete2) There really weren't that many people watching besides parents
3) The attendance was low, but girls' polo doesn't really get that much publicity in general
4) A lot of people don't really know or care about water polo, so I'm not really sure how we could convince more people to go. Maybe we could do promo videos for especially the sports that don't get that much notice? Water polo isn't really a well-known sport, so I'm not sure what we could do as incentives for people to watch the game of the season. I'll let you know if I think of something later though!
1. I attended the Football Game of the Season.
ReplyDelete2. I didn't really think so. People were more supportive than concerned with the score.
3. The attendance for parents was predictably high, and I thought that the student turnout was very solid as well.
4. I think that most people attend these games to support their friends. To be honest, I would feel a bit out of place if I were watching a game and I didn't know any of the players. I think somehow promoting the players themselves, rather than just the game, would help increase attendance. Most people know at least one player. Maybe have posters with the players' faces on them? If I saw a poster with a picture of my friend on the wall, I would be intrigued and consider supporting them at the game.
1) I attended the football game of the season.
ReplyDelete2) I think that the people who were at the game (ESPECIALLY the people participating in the games on the field) were pumped/excited, but I think the student body in general didn't feel too pumped about the game -- it probably just went by in the stream of events going on right now.
3) The attendance was definitely better than I expected, but of course it was nowhere near Homecoming attendance. :(
4) I think you definitely did a lot to promote this last game with the blasts/Facebook event, especially since our team record is so good this year. I think the game idea was really fun, and if we could just stress that more or even play a few more games (if we have time) and get more people involved, I think it'd be great. Maybe we can give a free pom-pom to each person who comes or some sort of t-shirt?
1. I attended the football game of the season.
ReplyDelete2. I don't think students were really EXCITED about the game; rather, they just came to support the seniors/see if we could continue our winning streak.
3. Keeping in mind that attendance for every other football game besides Homecoming is pretty low, this game's attendance was pretty solid!
4. I think that the promo for this game was done really well. I know that tons of people knew about the game and wanted to come support the footballers. However, I did talk to some people and they said that the game at halftime wasn't that interesting/they didn't know what was going on/they were disappointed with it (esp. since it was senior night.) That being said, we can always brainstorm different ideas for halftime/more things to get people excited!
1. I came a bit late but I did come to the football game of the season.
ReplyDelete2. My friends came because we as a group wanted to go, so they weren't totally pumped or excited, but I think their biggest incentive was that the game was the last home game (good job promoting that!) and seniors (who wouldn't be there next year) were a large part of the team.
3. Reiterating what people have already said above, attendance wasn't as high as that for the Homecoming game, but it was still pretty good for a football game, maybe because a lot of people knew the importance of the game.
4. The people who commented above have good ideas, but one thing I can add is that Athletics should hand out seat cushions, especially for the senior game because that's just an added incentive for people (plus it was pretty cold). Moving away from just football, as Julia said above, we should consider making videos of all the sports (not just football) to increase attendance for other sports too, because I feel that tennis, for example, had a great season but pretty low attendance. Either make videos or just inform people about the sports through FB or blasts, because volleyball and tennis did really well this year.
1. I attended both the girl's varsity game of the season (might be mixing it up with senior night) and football game of the season.
ReplyDelete2. For the girl's volleyball game of the season, a lot of my friends were there so I felt like everyone was super excited and pumped. The game was against Cupertino and so since a bunch of people from Lynbrook know the students there, they were extra pumped!
None of my friends really went to the football game of the season because they think that football games are overall pretty boring. For me, I wasn't really excited to go to the game or looking forward to it.
3. The attendance at the volleyball game was decent. Most of the time, it's just the same group of friends that attend them and so it was pretty similar to all of the other games.
The attendance at the football game was also decent, however (like others have mentioned) the crowd was a lot smaller as compared to the homecoming game.
4. I think that overall, you guys did a very good job publicizing all of the game of the seasons. However, I agree with Caitlin about how you guys should maybe publicize who the opponents are a little bit more! Also, many of the comments above mentioned how people didn't really have an incentive to go, so by maybe giving something out at the game of the seasons would increase attendance.
1. Field hockey game of the season
ReplyDelete2. Mostly parents attend with some students so the atmosphere wasn't loud or exciting; just spectators
3. On the low side, field hockey doesn't tend to have too many people who attend their games.
4. I think the video idea where each sport has a video of them in action will pump up students and get more to go. Also if the team is doing well, advertise their stats and the players. Advertise on facebook and even get the actual sports teams involved in their own promo because this is their game and if they want people to watch, they have to show how passionate they are and confident.
1. I attended football's game of the season.
ReplyDelete2. The students there were not very pumped about the game and it was more of a hangout time with friends. So, they would be chatting instead of really paying attention to the plays.
3.There were fewer students then I was expecting but there were still a good number of students there.
4. I think it was well promoted that it was the last home game and it was senior night. So, there were a lot of things that students could be supporting. Although the half time game was fun I don't think it was an incentive to come out to the football game so maybe fore next year have an activity that will get more people to come out. I also wanted to add that I liked how you had other fall sports come and get recognize because other sports deserve as much recognition as football.