Tuesday, November 26, 2013

IDC Event 2?

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in class, the IDC Color Run will not be possible! Therefore, we are looking at some other ideas for a fun IDC event for second semester. Keep in mind that it should be relatively low budget, after school, hosted at a school, and merit a large crowd! Examples of events we have had in the past include the IDC Talent Show and IDC Dance. Let us know!

- IDC

22 comments:

  1. I think that you guys should continue with the IDC Dance. Despite the fact that it is the "dirtiest" dance, you guys would probably make the most profit from it than any other potential IDC event. It's a super popular dance that a lot of people look forward to (especially underclassmen) and the turnout is usually good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless of course they play the cha cha slide again. I heard people didn't like that.

      Delete
    2. ya i went last year and the dj was kind of weird

      Delete
  2. You could do:
    -A Carnival
    -A Movie
    -A Talent Show

    Although, as Karen said, the dance is probably going to be the best option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -We could do like a talent show/dinner. IDC Show/Dinner?
    -Movie Night on the football field
    -Movember Pageant-type event with candidates from individual schools
    -tailgate party!!!

    i'm not really sure but ya idc dance is pretty popular

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could talk to Saratoga's Youth Commission and see if you could work out an arrangement with laser tag, since they're hosting one December 20th. This could be something small, as part of a larger event like a Carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly agree with Karen.
    There are plenty of ideas like movies or talent shows or any other ideas that people mentioned, but you're definitely going to get far more people at an IDC Dance than anything else.

    Every popular dance will have "dirtiness" to some extent, but I think the dirtiness of the dance depends on what the DJ plays and (possibly?) adult supervision. If IDC Reps really don't want it to be a dirty dance, then I think those two factors could help tone it down a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynbrook is the only school that holds a fashion show. Perhaps there could be an IDC fashion show where it is a collaboration of the five schools' models and designers. It may be a little late now because the designers need a lot of time

    ReplyDelete
  7. To make the clothing and the choosing process of the models may take a while. But it could be a possible event in the future. But what everyone is saying about the dance is true. It maybe the dirtiest dance but nothing too far out of the borderline has quite happened yet. Until then, the dance should be allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the idea of a movie night type event. We could have it on the field and project the movie somewhere, plus IDC could sell concessions like popcorn and soda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Oh! And I think it'd be a really fun twist if it became a competition among the classes among all the schools. So the freshman of each school are competing against each other, the sophomores are competing against each other, and so on.

      Delete
  10. Laser tag seems like a great idea, especially if the teams are split by school. A movie night would also be super fun, but I think the IDC dance is still the best option.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think the dance is a good idea because a lot of people that want to meet people from different schools don't usually go to the dance because of the type of dancing. I also like the idea of a movie night, IDC powderpuff tournament, carnival! I was also thinking if like a treasure hunt which could be added to any of the events above! You can put people from different schools in groups, so this allows people to meet each other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to see the movie night event happen, and I am sure many people will enjoy watching a movie with their friends. I am not sure if this idea is taken, but I would suggest to do a mini obstacle course type of race with teams from each school.

    ReplyDelete
  13. IDC Powderpuff sounds like an awesome idea, but if you want to step away from athletics, I think that an IDC talent show (like maybe IDC's Got Talent and choose judges from each school) or IDC Idol (singing competition between the schools) also would be super fun! :) IDC's Best Dance Crew?! So You Think You Can Dance IDC Edition?? Have other performances in between!!

    However, if the main goal of the event is to make money, then I think you should do a dance. I definitely wouldn't go to it, and I think a lot of not-very-dancey people like me would feel the same. However, it'd be a money maker and worth it if you need it to save up for something bigger next year (since I think something like a carnival needs more time for planning/fundraising, unless you have it at the very end of the 13-14 school year and involve next year's IDC reps).

    If you aren't interested in that necessarily, then whatever you choose should be competitive. I don't think you'll be nearly as successful at attendance as Fantastics if the IDC event were a movie night, since if you hold it at one specific high school, the motivation for the four other high schools to come is near zero. I think with something like a dance competition or singing competition, you can have multiple competitors from each school, and do a dance-off/sing-off in the quad the week before the event like Fantastics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the IDC's Best Dance Crew/So You Think You Can Dance idea! I know other schools have done it by themselves, but having a huge dance competition/showcase seems like a blast (especially since dance is pretty big right now/a lot of people do it). We could have group sign ups and voting by the audience as well as judges. It seems like a good way for people to both show off to the other schools and have fun, regardless of skill level!

      Delete
  14. I think that the IDC dance is a good idea. Maybe try making posters about dancing rules at the dance to "scare" some people into not dancing as badly. It's a mood killer sometimes, but it'll keep people in check.
    THIS IS MEERA.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I personally wanted to steer away from the dance because when I think about an IDC event, I think of everyone in our district coming together to do something and maybe get to know each other? I'm not opposed to dirty dancing but I feel like IDC should be putting up events that unify our district and give us opportunities to meet each other.
    The moneymaker is probably the dance but again the population who doesn't dance won't go.

    I suggest a festival type event where there is a main stage where performances from different school can perform as well as booths and food that kind of reminds me of a night market feel? I just want an event that is very inclusive and allows people to meet and make friends with people across our district!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like Amit and Sophia's idea about America's Best Dance Crew type of competition because it a fun competition and I feel like everyone likes watching people dance so it will be fun for the people watching and the people dancing. It is very low in cost too! I also like the idea of a carnival but considering the cost of a carnival it will probably not make much of a profit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really liked Amit and Sophia's idea as well. I think there is a huge marketability to dance teams these days, and a lot of people would be interested in contributing. I also think that whatever IDC ends up choosing, they should come to me for a promo video, NOT the guy who made the Fantastics promo. I don't know if my comment is too late, but we should definitely have a IDC POOL PARTY!!! No lie. I would come to that. Heck, I would help facilitate that. I mean, I would even DJ that (Actually DJ Shaan would probs be in the mix) BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. pool partay woohoo!

    ReplyDelete