Hi everyone!
Hope you all had a great three day weekend. Arnav and I would like to get some feedback from the IDC Exchange this past Thursday.
Be sure to include:
Hope you all had a great three day weekend. Arnav and I would like to get some feedback from the IDC Exchange this past Thursday.
Be sure to include:
- What you liked and why you liked it
- Things that could be improved and how they could be improved.
All feedback is appreciated and we hope you had just as much fun as we did!
Rani
Speaking as a person who didn't host, I'm sure I can't give the full DL on how the whole experience was, but from my perspective, it went really well! I think Homecoming week is a great time to hold the exchange, because our Homecoming process is so different from all the other schools. I heard a lot of shadows in my classes talking about how amazing and huge the whole event was and how much they enjoyed the skit. Good job, IDC!
ReplyDeleteNO I JUST TYPED UP MY RESPONSE BUT THEN I ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED SIGN OUT INSTEAD OF PUBLISH... anyways... I'm on the same boat as Sophia- I can only offer feedback from only my perspective but I agree that it looked like it went very well! It was super cool to have Lynbrook IDC on the day of Senior Homecoming this year. Our homecoming is something that is very unique to our school and it was awesome being able to share this year's HC experience with the IDC exchange students. The only delta I could think of is that during the morning of, I found several lost IDC guests who either didn't know or couldn't locate where the meeting was. Other than that, excellent job IDC :)
ReplyDeleteI think that it went really well! I liked meeting people from other schools as well as showing my shadow how Lynbrook life and homecoming is. Definitely try and keep a homecoming date for future IDC events.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I don't know if you guys do this, but maybe get the phone numbers of all the shadows (like cell phone and house) because I know a couple of them came really late because of over sleeping or something else.
Otherwise, great job and I really enjoyed it!
Same as Sophia and Caitlin I did not host but from what I saw it ran pretty smoothly! It apeared the exchange students were having a blast and were really incorporating themselves. I felt the leadership class as a whole was very receptive of them and their guides really knew what they were doing. Well prepared!
ReplyDeletei just did exactly what caitlin did -_- LOL
ReplyDeleteANYWAYS,
I'm also speaking as a person who did not host an IDC guest so my feedback might not be as helpful. I really liked how we hosted on senior homecoming. Homecoming is celebrated differently at every school and I thought it was great that we got to show off how the vikings celebrate.
I don't really have a delta but reading through the other blogs, a lot of people mentioned that the IDC guest who were late didn't know where to go. I think you guys should have a sign on an "A" frame that tells the IDC guest where to go when there is no longer an ASB representative out there.
I liked the way we made the exchange on the week of homecoming, because that is when Lybrook is really involved and spirited. Like Meera, I enjoyed showing my shadow the school, and meeting new people from different schools.
ReplyDeleteI might suggest the homecoming rally for the exchange next year, because you can see what all the grades in our school can do! For the people lost or late, I would suggest using the marquee to show a message that tells them where to go.
Everything I wanted to say has already been covered. I just wanted to make a suggestion regarding the exchange student's lunches.
ReplyDeleteWere they supposed to bring their own? Or were they going to buy lunches from the cafeteria here as part of their experience.
My exchange student didn't know whether he was supposed to bring money or not and got confused.
Great fun though. Senior HC rocked.
It would've been nice to have done something during lunch with all the IDC people though.
Pros:
ReplyDelete-Breakfast of course
-Good choice of date (senior homecoming)...really shows Lynbrook culture
-Events of the day
-People really liked the schedule/map of school
Deltas:
-Time to come there was too early!! Felt like we were just waiting around for a long time. Maybe later next year, but could also be that it was the day after junior homecoming and I was about to die
I didn't host anyone but I thought that it was a great idea to hold the IDC exchange on Senior Homecoming. I think a lot of peoples' perceptions of Lynbrook were altered in some way (in a positive way, of course).
ReplyDeleteI thought it was very inspiring and fitting that we were able to get our exchange in on our senior homecoming day. Another pro was breakfast and goodie bags. This really gave the exchangees a heads up of what they were doing and where they were going.
ReplyDeleteIt was also great to see so many exchangees from other schools leaderships.
The only con that I thought could be improved on is that it was too early in the morning for people to get there!
Overall it was a great experience.
I thought senior homecoming was a great day to showcase what was truly "Lynbrook culture." Though it was a chaotic day, IDC did a fantastic job getting together the goodie bags (my shadow liked the word searches, crosswords, HC explanation) and organizing the breakfast before class. I felt that the shadows enjoyed seeing Homecoming and it was a nice change from last year's Food Club Day.
ReplyDeleteIn terms of deltas, I know that some seniors who weren't hosting snuck in to get breakfast from the choir room, it was hard for seniors to be part of the gauntlet while with their shadows. It might be easier to dismiss senior hosts earlier so their shadows can join in in the gauntlet setup. In regards to all IDC exchanges, its hard for some shadows (who don't have hosts who can drive) to get lunch so it might be easier to clarify that shadows should bring lunches or contact their hosts. It was also hard for dressing up since the theme was revealed later, but we could at least tell shadows to wear red!
Having IDC on senior Homecoming day was a great idea. My shadow was really amazed by the scale of our Homecoming compared to other schools'. We showed the shadows an important part of Lynbrook, and I felt that they really learned a lot more about our school. The only part that I wished was different was the time to get there in the morning, but having breakfast made up for it a bit.
ReplyDeleteIn general, I really enjoyed it and it was well organized!
I LOVED that our IDC exchange was on senior homecoming day! Our school is very different in what we do for homecoming so I was really happy we got to share it with the shadows, especially since it was senior skit day.
ReplyDelete-the goodie bags with the maps, crosswords, etc are always great!
-not all of them were dressed up (to our theme or red) so i think we should inform them ahead of time
-the lunch question for those who aren't seniors/have hosts that have cars should be addressed since shadows have to be there for 6th for debrief
-we taught a lot of the shadows (at least the leadership ones) the senior class dance so that they could participate in it with us, HOWEVER when the time came i saw that they were kind of timid to sit up from their spots to join us, so i think their hosts should come bring them in so they can be in it as well!
-from the shadows i knew, i think they all enjoyed being a viking for a day!
I hosted for IDC, and I think it was a really great experience, especially because it was on Senior HC Day. I think the leadership students from other schools got ideas for what they could do for their HCs, and those who weren't in leadership got to see what makes Lynbrook unique.
ReplyDeleteI think the goodie bags were a good idea, because it kept my shadow occupied during Korsunsky's lecture. I think that in the future, shadows should bring lunch, because they have to come back on campus for 6th. I know a few people were planning to drive out for lunch, but they couldn't.
Also, shout out to the teachers for being so welcoming and actually talking to the shadows!
Great job Rani, Arnav, and Divya!
I hosted for IDC and I really enjoyed it. It was fun for me to take around my shadow, but I felt a bit awkward because I didn't really know for sure what to do. My shadow found things to do such as catching up on homework while I had to finish up work myself. I know my shadow more or less enjoyed the experience, it wasn't his first time at Lynbrook for an exchange, but I think he enjoyed the homecoming experience. Overall good job to IDC, everything went pretty well.
ReplyDelete