Classes had enough space, which was a problem last year so that's a good improvement! I felt like we could have promo'd food club day earlier this year so let's try and do that better for next time - maybe since it was right after HC week, it was hard to promo it. I guess for next time let's try and plan events around it (even though I know the dates are set for this year) so that people buy their tickets earlier and so that nothing is pushed off till last minute? Food Club Day requires a lot of effort from the ENTIRE class, even though club commissioners plan it, so it's really important that the entire class can participate as much as they can. Also, I liked how there was a truck (I don't remember if it was there last year) so that we could throw our stuff away right there. It was really convenient! I guess there's also the ongoing problem of classes not getting priority over clubs for food items. I know that we've talked about it before, and I'm obviously biased, but maybe it's worth bringing it up as a discussion item again? New clubs commissioners probably have different viewpoints than the previous ones. Same thing goes for the issue of accepting cash - I think it's just worth getting perspective on that. But overall, I thought the event was pretty successful!
I thought the Food Club day was a big success. I was a bit concerned seeing clubs accept cash instead of tickets, but I am not too sure on the rules concerning that. I loved the diversity of food, and the map to show where the food is instead of the clubs. Overall good job, great lunch for me and friends :)
I thought Food Club Day was very successful. Most clubs sold out of the food that they were selling, which indicates that the student body appreciates this event. All the clubs knew exactly what they were doing. Additionally, the ticket lines looked fairly short - definitely an improvement from last year. I did notice that a few clubs had overlapping foods. For example, CSF and APASL sold "Q-cup chicken" and "popcorn chicken," respectively. Another two clubs sold "pizookies" and "CREAM." I think a bit more attention can be paid to these issues when assigning foods to club, just so clubs don't get upset.
I would like to commend the Clubs Commission for planning such a smooth event! Thanks for all your hard work :)
I thought Food Club Day was a definite success this year, mainly because (I didn't walk around away from my booth all that much, so I might not have a clear perspective) it seemed to be a lot smoother and less chaotic when compared to the previous year. However, I do agree with Tara that promotion could be done earlier; to avoid the all-consuming week of Homecoming, I think Food Club Day could be a lot better advertised if there was a gap in time between FCD and Homecoming. I also think that although the map was a great idea, not many people saw it through the crowd. Since it was situated right next to the ticket selling area, a crowd was swarming around the area for the majority of the time. I think that if the map was moved to some other location farther away from the ticket selling (maybe just farther to the left or right of the table?), it would be a really helpful addition to a lot of people. Overall, my stomach and I really enjoyed Food Club Day. Good Job, Clubs Commission!
Pluses: 1. A lot of groups sold out 2. The tables were fairly clean 3. The place wasn't super congested 4. This is the first food club day in which I found no face tickets when selling food
Deltas: 1. some kids continue to sell after the bell rings (especially if they don't have a sixth). I'm not sure about the rules on this matter, but it merits discussion on the basis of equality. 2. Ian's comment on cash is true. Though I didn't see it happen, I had many kids come up to me and try to convince me to accept cash. 3. On the note of publicity, I agree that it wasn't well-publicized because some freshmen asked me what the event was on the day of. However, I would say that it isn't club commission's fault. It was a scheduling issue. Next time there should be at least another week between food club day and Homecoming. 4. though the place was less chaotic, I feel like that was because there were less people. If you look at the trend I wrote about at the bottom of this post, generally because of it, we sell out fairly quickly on Fall food club day. However, this time we sold out at the last minute, though we didn't drop prices significantly. This decrease in people may have been influenced by the lack of publicity (which wasn't your fault). Another way to deal with this would be to have Mr. Erwin send an email to Freshmen/Sophomore parents about the day as well because that is where they get the food from. 5. I agree with Prashant about the map. Maybe it can be put near ticket sales on days leading up to the event, and near the cafeteria side on the day of the event.
Some of the feedback may be due to the general trend: Clubs buy less in the fall, so people have leftover tickets, so they buy less tickets in the spring, but clubs buy more food in the spring, so they have left over, so they buy less in the fall again, so on and so forth. That's purely based in what I have noticed, I'm not sure if it is true. But it is just something to keep in mind if we are comparing this food club day to the on in that happened this past March.
One last note, make sure not to re-use the tickets for next semester! I know that there are a fair amount of kids who are keeping their tickets for next semester. I would suggest making new ones (of a different color) for next semester, and using this semester's left-overs for next year in the fall.
pros: -there was a large variety of food -the prices were reasonable -the booths were all spaced out well so that people could move around
cons:- The main thing I heard (from freshmen) was that no one knew at all what food club day, when it was, how it worked, etc. Even in 3 of my classes my teachers were like "Oh, I just found out about food club day yesterday!" and what not. I think we need to publicize food club day a lot more to make sure that underclassmen especially can get all of their tickets and not feel left out.
In all, I honestly had a blast and I cannot wait for the spring one!!
First and foremost, GREAT JOB TO THE CLUBS COMMISSION. You all really worked so hard these past few weeks and it would not have run half as smooth had it not been for all of your dedication.
Overall, I felt that the organization of the tables was really great. It was definitely not too crammed, and I think everyone had the opportunity to really see the variety of foods offered. As mentioned by others, I think a lot of clubs sold out which is always a good sign since its a good incentive for clubs to participate again. You all seemed really on top of emails and passes and I think that really helped not only clubs but teachers as well.
For improvements: I think a bit more promotion never hurts. Like Mira mentioned before, there are quite a few kids who might not know what FCD is. Also, I think we need an email explicitly stating that officers or whoever is excused early needs to keep the pass after telling their teachers because a lot of them didn't know they had to do that and ended up not being able to get in to the quad early.
Pluses: - I saw a lot of groups sell out. In the past, I hadn't seen that happen to as many groups as I did on Friday! - Clubs had enough space to sell their food, and there were clear distinctions between each club space. -The map at the front was super helpful
Deltas: -more promoing, and like others have said, scheduling around homecoming. -the cash instead of tickets-clubs need to be clear that this is unacceptable. Since the ticket lines were not that long anyway, it would have taken maybe two minutes to go buy tickets and come back for the food. Make sure they enforce the rules!
I liked the big map you guys made showing where each table was, except I don't know if everyone saw it because sometimes there were like crowds of people in front of it. As a participant in this food club day, I was pretty satisfied in the variety of food offered and the running of the whole event was awesome!! Good job clubs! Only thing I would mention for deltas is promo-ing a little more. :))))))
I LOVED the huge map at the top of the quad it really let people know where things were and it avoided the whole "WHERE IS THE CLUB THAT IS SELLING TACO BELL?!?" that was me last year if you did guess. I thought that everything was nicely spaced. Something that I didn't like and I guess I'm biased because I work there, but I think it was the junior class were selling five guy peanuts in addition to their fries. What I don't like is that those peanuts are free and as an employee I felt that they abused the fact that they were free by getting full bags and bags and bags of free peanuts in addition to their Cajun fries. So maybe if it's a problem in the future implicate some kind of rules? I also think that maybe if there is a possible way to get the word out of what kind of food that will be sold on the day ahead of time I feel that will increase ticket sales. I feel that because well I didn't buy tickets until the day of when I saw krispy kreams were being sold, and thank goodness I had money! Anyways I felt this was VERY successful as a club officer and as student customer I was not feeling the crowdedness etc I usually feel on these days. AWESOME JOB!
P.S. Are teachers required to let students out ahead of time to set up if they have a pass or is it their choice? Because my teacher did not let me out ahead of time even though we were not even doing anything becuase they didn't feel it was an effective use of our "educational time" So maybe if that's made out clear to teachers and students it would be appreciated.
P.P.S Sorry this was a block of writing I know its easier to read in bullet points.
I really liked my first club food day. I thought the many types of food were great, and the costs were fair. The big map really cleared up on where a booth is, but not many people saw it since there was a crowd there. I think a different location or making little fliers with the maps on it will be helpful. Also, I think advertising needs to be done more, because a lot of people didn't know about it until the last minute. Overall, I felt this was a really awesome experience, and I can't wait for the next one.
Pros: -good layout in terms of organization, better than last year's -good promotion, because at least on facebook, a lot of people knew about it -good food sales/revenue, because the turnout looked like it was more than last year's
Deltas: -the map was not really visible because everyone was crowding around it, so consider having maybe 3 maps, one at the top of the quad and two up on the planters on both sides so people can see them by looking up -people didn't really know what the clubs were selling beforehand, even though I know you guys released a spreadsheet, so think about having a flyer designed specifically for food club day to put up around campus -the passes didn't really work out that well because people weren't sure what to do with them
Everyone has already given really good feedback, so I just have a few more things to add from a money standpoint:
-maybe the ASB Treasurer/whoever else can come to an ICC meeting and talk about how we CANNOT accept money as payment for accounting reasons + the consequences -make signs for where you are selling tickets, and have them sold at different places around the quad -now that we have the ticket counter, make sure that you buy the right sort of tickets (the ones with the holes?) so that you can count them more easily! :) I'm happy that the hundreds of dollars we used to buy it are being put to good use
And then I think this has been mentioned before, but just the pass situation where some teachers took it and some didn't, and some officers weren't allowed in/out of the quad.
Classes had enough space, which was a problem last year so that's a good improvement! I felt like we could have promo'd food club day earlier this year so let's try and do that better for next time - maybe since it was right after HC week, it was hard to promo it. I guess for next time let's try and plan events around it (even though I know the dates are set for this year) so that people buy their tickets earlier and so that nothing is pushed off till last minute? Food Club Day requires a lot of effort from the ENTIRE class, even though club commissioners plan it, so it's really important that the entire class can participate as much as they can.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I liked how there was a truck (I don't remember if it was there last year) so that we could throw our stuff away right there. It was really convenient!
I guess there's also the ongoing problem of classes not getting priority over clubs for food items. I know that we've talked about it before, and I'm obviously biased, but maybe it's worth bringing it up as a discussion item again? New clubs commissioners probably have different viewpoints than the previous ones. Same thing goes for the issue of accepting cash - I think it's just worth getting perspective on that. But overall, I thought the event was pretty successful!
I thought the Food Club day was a big success. I was a bit concerned seeing clubs accept cash instead of tickets, but I am not too sure on the rules concerning that. I loved the diversity of food, and the map to show where the food is instead of the clubs. Overall good job, great lunch for me and friends :)
ReplyDeleteI thought Food Club Day was very successful. Most clubs sold out of the food that they were selling, which indicates that the student body appreciates this event. All the clubs knew exactly what they were doing. Additionally, the ticket lines looked fairly short - definitely an improvement from last year. I did notice that a few clubs had overlapping foods. For example, CSF and APASL sold "Q-cup chicken" and "popcorn chicken," respectively. Another two clubs sold "pizookies" and "CREAM." I think a bit more attention can be paid to these issues when assigning foods to club, just so clubs don't get upset.
ReplyDeleteI would like to commend the Clubs Commission for planning such a smooth event! Thanks for all your hard work :)
I thought Food Club Day was a definite success this year, mainly because (I didn't walk around away from my booth all that much, so I might not have a clear perspective) it seemed to be a lot smoother and less chaotic when compared to the previous year.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I do agree with Tara that promotion could be done earlier; to avoid the all-consuming week of Homecoming, I think Food Club Day could be a lot better advertised if there was a gap in time between FCD and Homecoming.
I also think that although the map was a great idea, not many people saw it through the crowd. Since it was situated right next to the ticket selling area, a crowd was swarming around the area for the majority of the time. I think that if the map was moved to some other location farther away from the ticket selling (maybe just farther to the left or right of the table?), it would be a really helpful addition to a lot of people.
Overall, my stomach and I really enjoyed Food Club Day. Good Job, Clubs Commission!
Pluses:
ReplyDelete1. A lot of groups sold out
2. The tables were fairly clean
3. The place wasn't super congested
4. This is the first food club day in which I found no face tickets when selling food
Deltas:
1. some kids continue to sell after the bell rings (especially if they don't have a sixth). I'm not sure about the rules on this matter, but it merits discussion on the basis of equality.
2. Ian's comment on cash is true. Though I didn't see it happen, I had many kids come up to me and try to convince me to accept cash.
3. On the note of publicity, I agree that it wasn't well-publicized because some freshmen asked me what the event was on the day of. However, I would say that it isn't club commission's fault. It was a scheduling issue. Next time there should be at least another week between food club day and Homecoming.
4. though the place was less chaotic, I feel like that was because there were less people. If you look at the trend I wrote about at the bottom of this post, generally because of it, we sell out fairly quickly on Fall food club day. However, this time we sold out at the last minute, though we didn't drop prices significantly. This decrease in people may have been influenced by the lack of publicity (which wasn't your fault). Another way to deal with this would be to have Mr. Erwin send an email to Freshmen/Sophomore parents about the day as well because that is where they get the food from.
5. I agree with Prashant about the map. Maybe it can be put near ticket sales on days leading up to the event, and near the cafeteria side on the day of the event.
Some of the feedback may be due to the general trend: Clubs buy less in the fall, so people have leftover tickets, so they buy less tickets in the spring, but clubs buy more food in the spring, so they have left over, so they buy less in the fall again, so on and so forth. That's purely based in what I have noticed, I'm not sure if it is true. But it is just something to keep in mind if we are comparing this food club day to the on in that happened this past March.
One last note, make sure not to re-use the tickets for next semester! I know that there are a fair amount of kids who are keeping their tickets for next semester. I would suggest making new ones (of a different color) for next semester, and using this semester's left-overs for next year in the fall.
All in all, another clubs commission success!
My first food club day was AMAZING!
ReplyDeletepros: -there was a large variety of food
-the prices were reasonable
-the booths were all spaced out well so that people could move around
cons:- The main thing I heard (from freshmen) was that no one knew at all what food club day, when it was, how it worked, etc. Even in 3 of my classes my teachers were like "Oh, I just found out about food club day yesterday!" and what not. I think we need to publicize food club day a lot more to make sure that underclassmen especially can get all of their tickets and not feel left out.
In all, I honestly had a blast and I cannot wait for the spring one!!
Food Club Day was a huge success this year. I was so impressed to see how quickly all the food had sold out.
ReplyDeleteSome things that worked out well:
-constant reminders to buy tickets earlier
-map of the quad: made it easy to navigate and I knew what to expect.
Some things to improve on:
-more publicizing to the whole school so more people know what to expect on Friday
To be honest, I think this was one of the best food club days. Great job, Clubs!
First and foremost, GREAT JOB TO THE CLUBS COMMISSION. You all really worked so hard these past few weeks and it would not have run half as smooth had it not been for all of your dedication.
ReplyDeleteOverall, I felt that the organization of the tables was really great. It was definitely not too crammed, and I think everyone had the opportunity to really see the variety of foods offered. As mentioned by others, I think a lot of clubs sold out which is always a good sign since its a good incentive for clubs to participate again. You all seemed really on top of emails and passes and I think that really helped not only clubs but teachers as well.
For improvements: I think a bit more promotion never hurts. Like Mira mentioned before, there are quite a few kids who might not know what FCD is. Also, I think we need an email explicitly stating that officers or whoever is excused early needs to keep the pass after telling their teachers because a lot of them didn't know they had to do that and ended up not being able to get in to the quad early.
Pluses:
ReplyDelete- I saw a lot of groups sell out. In the past, I hadn't seen that happen to as many groups as I did on Friday!
- Clubs had enough space to sell their food, and there were clear distinctions between each club space.
-The map at the front was super helpful
Deltas:
-more promoing, and like others have said, scheduling around homecoming.
-the cash instead of tickets-clubs need to be clear that this is unacceptable. Since the ticket lines were not that long anyway, it would have taken maybe two minutes to go buy tickets and come back for the food. Make sure they enforce the rules!
Great job clubs commission! :)
I liked the big map you guys made showing where each table was, except I don't know if everyone saw it because sometimes there were like crowds of people in front of it. As a participant in this food club day, I was pretty satisfied in the variety of food offered and the running of the whole event was awesome!! Good job clubs! Only thing I would mention for deltas is promo-ing a little more. :))))))
ReplyDeleteI LOVED the huge map at the top of the quad it really let people know where things were and it avoided the whole "WHERE IS THE CLUB THAT IS SELLING TACO BELL?!?" that was me last year if you did guess. I thought that everything was nicely spaced. Something that I didn't like and I guess I'm biased because I work there, but I think it was the junior class were selling five guy peanuts in addition to their fries. What I don't like is that those peanuts are free and as an employee I felt that they abused the fact that they were free by getting full bags and bags and bags of free peanuts in addition to their Cajun fries. So maybe if it's a problem in the future implicate some kind of rules? I also think that maybe if there is a possible way to get the word out of what kind of food that will be sold on the day ahead of time I feel that will increase ticket sales. I feel that because well I didn't buy tickets until the day of when I saw krispy kreams were being sold, and thank goodness I had money! Anyways I felt this was VERY successful as a club officer and as student customer I was not feeling the crowdedness etc I usually feel on these days. AWESOME JOB!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Are teachers required to let students out ahead of time to set up if they have a pass or is it their choice? Because my teacher did not let me out ahead of time even though we were not even doing anything becuase they didn't feel it was an effective use of our "educational time" So maybe if that's made out clear to teachers and students it would be appreciated.
P.P.S Sorry this was a block of writing I know its easier to read in bullet points.
I really liked my first club food day. I thought the many types of food were great, and the costs were fair. The big map really cleared up on where a booth is, but not many people saw it since there was a crowd there. I think a different location or making little fliers with the maps on it will be helpful. Also, I think advertising needs to be done more, because a lot of people didn't know about it until the last minute. Overall, I felt this was a really awesome experience, and I can't wait for the next one.
ReplyDeleteAll that work with the tickets paid off!
ReplyDeletePros:
-good layout in terms of organization, better than last year's
-good promotion, because at least on facebook, a lot of people knew about it
-good food sales/revenue, because the turnout looked like it was more than last year's
Deltas:
-the map was not really visible because everyone was crowding around it, so consider having maybe 3 maps, one at the top of the quad and two up on the planters on both sides so people can see them by looking up
-people didn't really know what the clubs were selling beforehand, even though I know you guys released a spreadsheet, so think about having a flyer designed specifically for food club day to put up around campus
-the passes didn't really work out that well because people weren't sure what to do with them
Good work Clubs Commission!
Everyone has already given really good feedback, so I just have a few more things to add from a money standpoint:
ReplyDelete-maybe the ASB Treasurer/whoever else can come to an ICC meeting and talk about how we CANNOT accept money as payment for accounting reasons + the consequences
-make signs for where you are selling tickets, and have them sold at different places around the quad
-now that we have the ticket counter, make sure that you buy the right sort of tickets (the ones with the holes?) so that you can count them more easily! :) I'm happy that the hundreds of dollars we used to buy it are being put to good use
And then I think this has been mentioned before, but just the pass situation where some teachers took it and some didn't, and some officers weren't allowed in/out of the quad.