Everything flowed well. One thing that the admin were doing were asking people to pull out their slips even when they were walking from the parking lot to the quad with a bunch of food on their hands. Other than that, the map was really well made and everything was really organized. The last thing is, even though it wasn't in club's hands, it was a weird week and many people didn't know that food club day was going on till the very last moment. Other than that, all in all very smoothly run.
Pros: -fairly efficient ticket selling (see cons) -the map was very clear and big -putting out the food list early helped a bunch
Cons: -promotion: not a lot of people knew about it and one big thing was that many freshmen thought that 1 ticket was 1 dollar, not 50 cents, so it would be good to advertise that. Also putting posters around school would help. -I'm not sure why admin stopped us from selling people tickets while they were in line because I think it would have helped minimize the craziness around the ticket booth.(besides, it was only for exact change) -This is a really small problem but I know that some people told me that they wait until Friday to buy their tickets because they are scared of losing them anytime before that, and it's a good point considering all their money would go to waste if they misplaced them. This may be overcomplicating things, but maybe we could write down how many tickets they ordered and have them come pick them up at a separate, "pre-paid" booth at brunch on friday. That way, more people would order in advance so we would have two shorter lines.
Pros: - The big poster at the top of the quad with the foods nicely labeled. - Compiling a list of food prices ahead of time was a great idea. - RANDOMIZED food/location assignments legitimized the process! NO FOOD OVERLAPS YAY. - The EZ-up made the ticket sale location very obvious - We didn't need to stamp the new tickets!
Cons: - I think the map/list of prices can be better publicized. Maybe post them in the main Lynbrook group instead of only on the Food Club Day event because most people don't check back. - I don't know if it's just me, but I felt like there was a lot less people at this Food Club Day. My clubs and a few others definitely didn't sell as well as we used to. I'm not sure why, but maybe it's due to the CAHSEE schedule. - There wasn't a ton of time to sell tickets throughout the week but I'm not sure if people usually did that anyway. - Some advisers didn't receive their officer passes. Meera and I put the passes in their boxes so I don't know if we had incomplete lists, messed up, or the advisers didn't see the passes. I think we should distribute them earlier on in the week or to their classes so we don't run into issues next time.
Also, I think you should've sold tickets until the end of lunch. It was difficult for clubs to sell their last items because people simply did not have tickets and could not get any more tickets.
pros: 1. Ticket line went really smoothly (though we had to have Mr. Ramirez and Mrs. Boehm help guide the line, so next time more students would help) 2. There was no way to use fake tickets because they were so different!
deltas: 1. The locations near the physics wing really didn't work. Many of those clubs lost money or barely broke even, so it would probably be better to not give that option.
2. Attendance was down. There are several possible reasons. - With the strange schedule, people were really thrown off. Maybe we can ask Mrs. Badger to not have food club day on Cahsee week next year! - By sending out the ticket prices, people realized how expensive the food is so they were less inclined to buy. If this is kept, clubs will probably just decrease prices in general, and if it is removed, the people will be mad that they don't have the prices. It really just depends who that event is trying to please. - By making one long line that split into 3 booths, it looked like the line was a lot longer than usual, so people were less inclined to buy tickets.
Mira said it all, pros: - i thought tickets went well but admin kinda got in the way and tried to run it (cough cough Ramirez) -giant map! - list of clubs were selling and they're prices was brilliant! Maybe more posted around?
Cons: - promotion (more) - Mira mentioned it, about kids not wanting to buy tickets before because of fear of losing them is big. I have no idea what we can do to fix it but its just something thats there.
-it wasn't as hectic on the top of the quad - the tables set outside of the quad area looked out of place and people did not know they were selling there - the canopy during brunch really showed you guys were selling club food day tickets and brought people to buy tickets early
Everyone said everything else above but I hope that helped! Great job clubs, I'd call it a success Ps I totally agree on Anna's last comment about selling tickets til the end of lunch
Pros: 1. The giant map was nice. Easy to direct people to it. 2. The tickets were great since we didn't have to stamp it.
Cons: 1. More publicity in general! Not many people were there so many clubs didn't sell out. 2. Many people had a hard time finding the list of prices. 3. Having the clubs spread out was a disadvantage to those on the outside, I wouldn't do that in the future because it's unfair. I don't think it reduced the crowd much anyway.
Pros: -huge map was easy to see, and it was up at brunch- people had time to kind of plan out their routes. It was also nice that the list of foods/prices was up so people could see what was available. -randomizing location made things fair, but many were unhappy with their new locations. (eg FBLAme (oops, typo) and 2015).
Cons: -poor location for those on the outskirts, so reduced selling -weird schedule/CAHSEE week- fewer people knew about it, and less time to buy tickets.
Since I was selling tickets, the whole time, I liked how ordered it was. Mr. Ramirez was a great help. One thing I didn't think was important was the exact change box...that was a bit weird. Other than that, you guys should definitely keep the formation for ticket selling in the future :)
I'm sorry that I can't help with what can be improved--I was at the ticket booth thing the whole time :/
I thought this food club day went really smoothly in the two years i've been in leadership. Everything was very neat and organized. I liked how there was a monitored line to buy tickets. It made the traffic of the top of the quad less chaotic. I also liked how you guys bought different tickets so we didn't have to spend countless class periods stamping the tickets.
I can't think of anything you guys can improve on right now, but if i do i'll comment again.
Overall, clubs did a really great job on food club day!! :)
1) Went very Smoothly + Organized (moreso than the previous FCD, in my opinion)
2) Easy to locate Map + Pricing (aka Accessibility)
Cons:
1) A lot of advisers didn't get their tickets beforehand (not including mine), and I feel like this made the last day and/or the day before pretty chaotic. This is especially true given the fact that Mr. Ramirez is so particular about permission slips.
2) Having some groups (ex: 2015) go on the outside of the planters was very unfair, and their profit suffered as a result. I feel like this sort of negated the aspect of trying to be "fair" with this FCD (with the randomization of location around the quad, etc.)
3) I feel like ceasing to sell tickets later into lunch was a bad idea. If people are going to be at the ticket station/booth anyways, I don't see what the need is to stop selling tickets. There are always going to be a few people who come back to buy tickets for food.
Overall: The actual event itself went smoothly, and that's pretty much the main thing you can try to achieve. So in that regard I think FCD was a definite success :)
The ticket selling on the day of the food club day was super smooth. It was a great system to have it off to the side so it would be out of the way of people buying food. Also, it went very quickly and I think it really helped to have people like Arnav and Mr. Ramirez telling people which line to go to. The only thing that could be changed is to have a arrow to show where the line started because people kept standing in the wrong area to buy tickets. Also, I don't know if this is something that can be changed at all but maybe sell tickets for a bit longer because there were a quite of few people that wanted to buy more tickets. But overall great job clubs!!(:
pros -very very smooth ticket line -good job with randomizing food choices and locations = fair -tried to let all clubs who wanted to participate, sell at food club day -new tickets = no stamping
cons: -a lot of clubs didn't sell out, low attendance? -clubs in the planter areas didn't get as many sales -when i was making the food club map, the many different lists (of food, club, table #, etc) made it difficult for me place the locations: the map took 3 hours to make -
suggestions: -leave the ticket booth open till the end, people still wanted to buy tickets for food that wasn't sold out yet -plenty of room in the quad for more tables
Everything flowed well. One thing that the admin were doing were asking people to pull out their slips even when they were walking from the parking lot to the quad with a bunch of food on their hands. Other than that, the map was really well made and everything was really organized. The last thing is, even though it wasn't in club's hands, it was a weird week and many people didn't know that food club day was going on till the very last moment. Other than that, all in all very smoothly run.
ReplyDeletePros:
ReplyDelete-fairly efficient ticket selling (see cons)
-the map was very clear and big
-putting out the food list early helped a bunch
Cons:
-promotion: not a lot of people knew about it and one big thing was that many freshmen thought that 1 ticket was 1 dollar, not 50 cents, so it would be good to advertise that. Also putting posters around school would help.
-I'm not sure why admin stopped us from selling people tickets while they were in line because I think it would have helped minimize the craziness around the ticket booth.(besides, it was only for exact change)
-This is a really small problem but I know that some people told me that they wait until Friday to buy their tickets because they are scared of losing them anytime before that, and it's a good point considering all their money would go to waste if they misplaced them. This may be overcomplicating things, but maybe we could write down how many tickets they ordered and have them come pick them up at a separate, "pre-paid" booth at brunch on friday. That way, more people would order in advance so we would have two shorter lines.
Pros:
ReplyDelete- The big poster at the top of the quad with the foods nicely labeled.
- Compiling a list of food prices ahead of time was a great idea.
- RANDOMIZED food/location assignments legitimized the process! NO FOOD OVERLAPS YAY.
- The EZ-up made the ticket sale location very obvious
- We didn't need to stamp the new tickets!
Cons:
- I think the map/list of prices can be better publicized. Maybe post them in the main Lynbrook group instead of only on the Food Club Day event because most people don't check back.
- I don't know if it's just me, but I felt like there was a lot less people at this Food Club Day. My clubs and a few others definitely didn't sell as well as we used to. I'm not sure why, but maybe it's due to the CAHSEE schedule.
- There wasn't a ton of time to sell tickets throughout the week but I'm not sure if people usually did that anyway.
- Some advisers didn't receive their officer passes. Meera and I put the passes in their boxes so I don't know if we had incomplete lists, messed up, or the advisers didn't see the passes. I think we should distribute them earlier on in the week or to their classes so we don't run into issues next time.
Great job on a great Food Club Day, Clubs!
Also, I think you should've sold tickets until the end of lunch. It was difficult for clubs to sell their last items because people simply did not have tickets and could not get any more tickets.
Deletepros:
ReplyDelete1. Ticket line went really smoothly (though we had to have Mr. Ramirez and Mrs. Boehm help guide the line, so next time more students would help)
2. There was no way to use fake tickets because they were so different!
deltas:
1. The locations near the physics wing really didn't work. Many of those clubs lost money or barely broke even, so it would probably be better to not give that option.
2. Attendance was down. There are several possible reasons.
- With the strange schedule, people were really thrown off. Maybe we can ask Mrs. Badger to not have food club day on Cahsee week next year!
- By sending out the ticket prices, people realized how expensive the food is so they were less inclined to buy. If this is kept, clubs will probably just decrease prices in general, and if it is removed, the people will be mad that they don't have the prices. It really just depends who that event is trying to please.
- By making one long line that split into 3 booths, it looked like the line was a lot longer than usual, so people were less inclined to buy tickets.
Mira said it all,
ReplyDeletepros:
- i thought tickets went well but admin kinda got in the way and tried to run it (cough cough Ramirez)
-giant map!
- list of clubs were selling and they're prices was brilliant! Maybe more posted around?
Cons:
- promotion (more)
- Mira mentioned it, about kids not wanting to buy tickets before because of fear of losing them is big. I have no idea what we can do to fix it but its just something thats there.
Awesome job clubs!
-it wasn't as hectic on the top of the quad
ReplyDelete- the tables set outside of the quad area looked out of place and people did not know they were selling there
- the canopy during brunch really showed you guys were selling club food day tickets and brought people to buy tickets early
Everyone said everything else above but I hope that helped! Great job clubs, I'd call it a success
Ps I totally agree on Anna's last comment about selling tickets til the end of lunch
Pros:
ReplyDelete1. The giant map was nice. Easy to direct people to it.
2. The tickets were great since we didn't have to stamp it.
Cons:
1. More publicity in general! Not many people were there so many clubs didn't sell out.
2. Many people had a hard time finding the list of prices.
3. Having the clubs spread out was a disadvantage to those on the outside, I wouldn't do that in the future because it's unfair. I don't think it reduced the crowd much anyway.
Great job!
Pros:
ReplyDelete-huge map was easy to see, and it was up at brunch- people had time to kind of plan out their routes. It was also nice that the list of foods/prices was up so people could see what was available.
-randomizing location made things fair, but many were unhappy with their new locations. (eg FBLAme (oops, typo) and 2015).
Cons:
-poor location for those on the outskirts, so reduced selling
-weird schedule/CAHSEE week- fewer people knew about it, and less time to buy tickets.
Since I was selling tickets, the whole time, I liked how ordered it was. Mr. Ramirez was a great help. One thing I didn't think was important was the exact change box...that was a bit weird. Other than that, you guys should definitely keep the formation for ticket selling in the future :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that I can't help with what can be improved--I was at the ticket booth thing the whole time :/
I thought this food club day went really smoothly in the two years i've been in leadership. Everything was very neat and organized. I liked how there was a monitored line to buy tickets. It made the traffic of the top of the quad less chaotic. I also liked how you guys bought different tickets so we didn't have to spend countless class periods stamping the tickets.
ReplyDeleteI can't think of anything you guys can improve on right now, but if i do i'll comment again.
Overall, clubs did a really great job on food club day!! :)
Pros:
ReplyDelete1) Went very Smoothly + Organized (moreso than the previous FCD, in my opinion)
2) Easy to locate Map + Pricing (aka Accessibility)
Cons:
1) A lot of advisers didn't get their tickets beforehand (not including mine), and I feel like this made the last day and/or the day before pretty chaotic. This is especially true given the fact that Mr. Ramirez is so particular about permission slips.
2) Having some groups (ex: 2015) go on the outside of the planters was very unfair, and their profit suffered as a result. I feel like this sort of negated the aspect of trying to be "fair" with this FCD (with the randomization of location around the quad, etc.)
3) I feel like ceasing to sell tickets later into lunch was a bad idea. If people are going to be at the ticket station/booth anyways, I don't see what the need is to stop selling tickets. There are always going to be a few people who come back to buy tickets for food.
Overall: The actual event itself went smoothly, and that's pretty much the main thing you can try to achieve. So in that regard I think FCD was a definite success :)
The ticket selling on the day of the food club day was super smooth. It was a great system to have it off to the side so it would be out of the way of people buying food. Also, it went very quickly and I think it really helped to have people like Arnav and Mr. Ramirez telling people which line to go to. The only thing that could be changed is to have a arrow to show where the line started because people kept standing in the wrong area to buy tickets. Also, I don't know if this is something that can be changed at all but maybe sell tickets for a bit longer because there were a quite of few people that wanted to buy more tickets.
ReplyDeleteBut overall great job clubs!!(:
pros
ReplyDelete-very very smooth ticket line
-good job with randomizing food choices and locations = fair
-tried to let all clubs who wanted to participate, sell at food club day
-new tickets = no stamping
cons:
-a lot of clubs didn't sell out, low attendance?
-clubs in the planter areas didn't get as many sales
-when i was making the food club map, the many different lists (of food, club, table #, etc) made it difficult for me place the locations: the map took 3 hours to make
-
suggestions:
-leave the ticket booth open till the end, people still wanted to buy tickets for food that wasn't sold out yet
-plenty of room in the quad for more tables