Hey guys!
First off, thank you SO much for those who came out to the Rally and helped out before and after. This could not have been possible with out you. In this blog please post what you thought went well and went went not so well. Also, please post suggestions for improvement!
Again thank you so much!
- Your spirit commissioners <3
This was by far one of the most enjoyable rallies I've been a part of. The video was hilarious (one of my friends thought it was an excerpt of a professional move), the skit was easy to follow, and the games were fun to watch. The only thing I'd improve about the game was that the race was hard to follow and we didn't know when to cheer because we didn't know where the end was.
ReplyDeleteIf this was the spirit commission's first rally, I'm really looking forward to how good the rest of them will be!
I thought the rally was very very successful. The video was definitely one of the strongest points of the rally. I do agree the relay game was hard to follow but the tshirt one was a lot of fun to watch. A lot of the sophomores, yes sophomores, said that this was their first rally and they enjoyed it lots. The only thing I would say to improve on is making sure Ajay doesn't hit Sasha in the face during the rally!
ReplyDeleteI thought this rally was very well-executed. I'd like to second many of Jimmy's points. The video was very professional and people really liked it. The captions made it easy to comprehend, so I'd suggest to continue adding those in future videos. About the race, I think that it could have been simplified. The participants were pretty confused - if they were chosen ahead of time and given instructions prior to the rally, it would have made the game go more smoothly. The frozen shirt game was pretty novel, I think. It was definitely a change from the usual race-type games and personally, I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteThis rally set a very high standard for the rest this year. Thanks for all your thorough planning and hard work! It really paid off.
I personally had a fantastic time at this rally, although being slightly light-headed afterwards.
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of the Freshman class really enjoyed it and they'll be back next time around so beware haha.
The script was very well written and easy to follow(although this is during rehearsals when I just happened to hear). During the actual event however, it was very difficult to tell what was going on/what the story was about.
I'd like to add on to Jimmy's comment about games: If perhaps you could project the rules/objectives of the games and provide some information using the projectors screens, that'd help alot.
The Mr/Mrs.Viking idea was really creative and I think it's something we should keep at future rallies.
I thought the way that the dialogue made puns/references to the sports teams was very clever, and the performances themselves were great.
I think another thing is it'd help if perhaps at the first welcome back rally every year the rubric/what judges will be looking for is clarified.
Perhaps at future rallies we could switch up the placement of the classes on the bleachers? Just an idea, don't know if the locations are a tradition or anything.
Overall: Great rally. Great job Spirit!
It'd be nice too if someone could give me the link to the intro video, I wasn't able to watch it during the rally.
The rally was great! Kudos to the spirit commissioners. It was well planned, well executed, and overall super enjoyable. All four classes really got into it, which is huge!
ReplyDeleteThe vid was great and easy to follow--and the new gym sound system made the impact even more powerful.
I ABSOLUTELY loved the idea of a schoolwide wave at the end; it really brought a sense of unity under the umbrella of Lynbrook, as opposed to just one class. We should have something equivalent every time! Also, while Niknaz was singing the Alma Mater, maybe the spirit commissioners/cheer team/class officers could sing along too, to guide the classes to sing. I feel that if the whole school joins in, even though we may not be able to hear the official singer, it still promotes a sense of school-wide unity!
It might also be cool if we could do a "countdown to the rally" like 10 seconds before we want to start and need to get everyone quiet? I know FBLA does this for the State/National Conferences, and it seems to work pretty well, maybe we can try it out... I would also have liked the mics on the spirit commissioners to be a little louder, there were times when they were difficult to hear.
Overall, great job guys! Looking forward to the next one!
WOOOH SPIRIT!!!!!
ReplyDeletePlusses:
1. As everyone has said, the video was great! The guys around me were commenting on the excellent quality.
2. Everyone enjoyed watching and cheering on the frozen shirt game.
3. The crowds were full and theme was easy to dress up to and decorate for.
4. The lack of individual themes helped us be more united as a school
5. I don't know if this was directly because of you, but it was great that we all sang the Alma Mater together
6. The school-wide wave was another plus on unity
7. There was a good amount of call outs.
8. The costumes that Spirit wore added to the effect :D (the plunger)
9. The plot line was interesting from what I saw at practice
10. The spirit week definitely helped people get excited! By the last rally of last year I was starting to feel bored ... but this definitely brought the energy back!
Deltas:
1. We definitely couldn't hear the majority of what happened. The people around me kept asking me what was going on. This is a microphone issue of some sort that we should get sorted out asap.
2. The Relay Race didn't make much sense to people in the crowd, especially when the seniors (who came in either 3rd or 4th) were awarded 1st place. Also, it may have been a bit too physically intensive. For more game ideas, you can always ask Sarah/Me for IDC Fantastics games from last year.
3. I was under the impression that we would have categorical winners? Is that going to be a thing? It's not a major issue, but it would be cool. That would maybe give more incentive for the freshmen of each year to try hard.
4. Maybe let the school know that there is no points given for games. Better than that would be to publish the scores, but I think the admin told us last year that there is some reason not too? I don't remember why, but I definitely think that this is something to discuss.
In the end ... LEGGO SPIRIT! HOMECOMING COME AT US!!!
MY FIRST HIGH SCHOOL RALLY WAS AMAZING! It was SOOOO much fun and the energy in the room was fantastic! I do agree with arnav that we should work on the sound a little bit because I couldnt hear it. Also, was there only a Mr. and Mrs. Viking for the freshmen class or was it just to quiet to hear the others announced? But otherwise, it was a great experience! GO CLASS OF 2017!
ReplyDeleteThis was my FIRST high school rally as well, and I thought it was TONS OF FUN. First off, the games were definitely exciting to watch, and it also helped incorporate a lot of class chants. Adding to that, the video and performances really boosted the environment to a higher energy level. Although these were great, I believe the sound system needs a much bigger improvement, because I had no clue what anyone was saying through the speakers. All in all, this really makes me look forward to the next rally.
ReplyDeleteI really liked this rally as well! My only problems were:
ReplyDelete1. Like many people have already said, the skit in the middle was a bit quiet, and sometimes I couldn't hear what was being announced/what you guys were saying. Maybe the mics weren't working too well?
2. The games, although entertaining, were kind of confusing from the perspective of someone who didn't know what was going on. A lot of people asked me why it was so hard to put on a T-shirt. I'm not sure if you announced the game/described it briefly in the beginning; maybe this problem can also be attributed to the suckish sound system.
3. The announcing of the game winner was kind of confusing to me. Did you announce winners first or last?
4. The Mr./Mrs. Viking announcement was pretty hectic, and what we were supposed to do when called was unclear.
However, these are all problems that can be easily fixed, and I think you guys will do amazing next time! Like Arnav said, this rally promoted a lot of school unity because of the overall theme, and the turnout was more than I've seen before. Costumes + storyline were amazing. I can't wait to see what else is in store! GO SPIRIT! :)
First off, amazing rally Spirit! It was a LOT better than those of previous years!
ReplyDelete1. The spirit week worked really well to get people excited for the rally! The days were simple to dress up for, but I would consider replacing Crazy Hair Day with something else.
2. The idea of unifying the whole school under one theme, with points being awarded based on decorations really worked out well. Not only did everyone like being united, there was no direct competition between classes about rally decorations.
3. The intro video seemed a bit too long and hard to follow, with a slow beginning, but the ending was great and the captions definitely worked well.
4. The enunciation of the words could not be understood, whether because of the mic or because people cheered for too long.
5. The wave was fantastic! You guys should definitely do something similar for future rallies. Along with a common theme, it really showed everyone that we're all united.
6. A lot of my friends thought the T-shirt game was very novel and interesting to watch, so consider something like that for future rallies too. The relay race, on the other hand, was too long and hard to cheer for.
7: The acting on your parts was for sure better than that of previous rallies. Well done! You really played your parts well, and it seemed very convincing.
8: The Mr./Mrs. Viking didn't work out as well as we had hoped, because after the sophomores were announced, you couldn't hear the names due to the cheering.
All in all, AMAZING rally! Can you do better for future rallies?
I had such a great time at the rally! I thought the wave you guys did at the end of the skit was super creative I liked how it was more about the entire school rather than just each individual class. The frozen T-shirt game was a super fun one for people to watch and I think it turned out really well. The video was really well made and the concept was great! One negative was that it was really hard to hear what you guys were saying so everyone was confused about the storyline of the skit and generally confused about what was going on. But besides that great job guys!
ReplyDeleteGreat first rally of the year!
ReplyDelete1. The idea of one theme and the school wave was great for unifying the school!
2. I do think we should some what outline what the judges are judging on to the whole school so people understand how the judges choose the winner.
3. The sound system wasn't working so well, so people couldn't really hear the skit.
4. We need to quiet people down when people are speaking: the ASB officer intros were completely cancelled out because everyone was talking.
5. The video was great! Good quality and definitely epic.
6. The frozen t-shirt game was really cool to watch and was different from regular racing games in the past.
7. The racing game either needed to be simpler or more clearly explained to the players because they were confused throughout the game. (People also need to be quiet so they can hear the rules and everything)
8. Give a little intro of what each game is when you announce "oh can be have 2 people from each class" so that people know what the game even is and is about.
9. Was there going to be categorical winners?
10. I like the idea of Mr./Mrs. Viking! Just execution needs to be a little cleaner.
Definitely one of the better rallies I've been to, keep it up spirit!
I thought that this rally was awesome! Great job Spirit!
ReplyDelete1. I liked the creativity with the games, though people were a little confused about when to cheer and the relay one was a little hard to follow.
2. I loved the wave, and I think you should definitely include things that unite the whole school like that for future rallies.
3. The video was awesome. So many people were telling me they thought it was professional.
4. I liked how we recognized people who worked hard during rally setup with Mr./ Ms. Viking and I think that's something we should continue doing.
5. There were some people saying that they didn't understand what was going on because they couldn't hear, but I did like the skit and thought it was simple and well done.
All in all, this was a fantastic rally to start off the school year!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOverall, rally was amazing. So impressed by all the classes.
ReplyDelete1. I liked having an overall theme and not different themes for each class.
2. The video in the beginning was awesome and people could understand/hear it for once so yay tech!
3. Everything was pretty smooth, as in no interruptions.
4. I liked Mr./Mrs. Viking. I just wish we announced it in a more prominent way so others could be jealous of those people.
5. The games were fantastic.. the relay one was a little long but I think people liked that as well.
6. Spirit week really helped to promote the event itself.
I recommend working on the story line of the rally itself so it's a little easier to understand. I think some people were a little confused but otherwise, by far the best welcome back rally. :)
The rally was pretty good. Sound simply needs to be louder, classes need to keep the volume down a little bit more. Loved the t-shirt game. As everyone else said, the race was a bit confusing, keep it simpler next time? One suggestion would be to keep everyone held back more, the press/seniors started taking over the floor and there wasn't much space for all the showcases and the games. None the less, good start to the year :)
ReplyDeleteThis was a great rally, awesome job spirit commissioners!
ReplyDelete1. I thought the spirit week leading up to the rally was a great idea! I think it really got people pumped up for the rally.
2. I like the new rubric, it got more people to come help at rally setup.
3. The video was AMAZING!! I liked how there was subtitles so if people couldn't hear, they could read it off the screen.
4. The games were super enjoyable to watch. I think the frozen tshirt was a huge success, a lot of people were laughing and it kept them entertained.
deltas:
1. The sound system wasn't working that well, it was hard to hear what was going on. (especially during the asb officer intros)
2.I think the game rules should be emailed to class presidents beforehand so that you don't waste time explaining it during the rally.
3. I think Mr/Mrs Viking need to be explained to the classes. I don't think a lot of people understood what it was/what was going on.
Overall, spirit did an amazing job!!!!
The rally was great! While setting up, you guys were working hard and it was quite inspiring :)
ReplyDeleteThe games were great and extremely entertaining, so keep it up! I loved the t-shirt game, it was hilarious.
I dunno if it was you, but I really couldn't hear you guys properly. Probably the mikes.
The video was so entertaining omg. You better not stop doing those. It was honestly great. It was just like a movie
Oh and no one really knew what Mr and Mrs Viking was. I guess you guys, or the class prez's, should elaborate on those.
The wave was awesome. It was so cool :)
Great job on the rally guys. It was AMAZING. You guys are the best spirit commissioners ever <3
The rally was great! While setting up, you guys were working hard and it was quite inspiring :)
ReplyDeleteThe games were great and extremely entertaining, so keep it up! I loved the t-shirt game, it was hilarious.
I dunno if it was you, but I really couldn't hear you guys properly. Probably the mikes.
The video was so entertaining omg. You better not stop doing those. It was honestly great. It was just like a movie
Oh and no one really knew what Mr and Mrs Viking was. I guess you guys, or the class prez's, should elaborate on those.
The wave was awesome. It was so cool :)
Great job on the rally guys. It was AMAZING. You guys are the best spirit commissioners ever <3
The rally was great! While setting up, you guys were working hard and it was quite inspiring :)
ReplyDeleteThe games were great and extremely entertaining, so keep it up! I loved the t-shirt game, it was hilarious.
I dunno if it was you, but I really couldn't hear you guys properly. Probably the mikes.
The video was so entertaining omg. You better not stop doing those. It was honestly great. It was just like a movie
Oh and no one really knew what Mr and Mrs Viking was. I guess you guys, or the class prez's, should elaborate on those.
The wave was awesome. It was so cool :)
Great job on the rally guys. It was AMAZING. You guys are the best spirit commissioners ever <3
WOO SPIRIT
ReplyDeleteokay first of all: amazing job on the rally :) great way to start the year!
i think there were definitely a lot of positives: great video, good skit, easy theme to dress up to and decorate to.
Things to work on:
1. Games: although the t-shirt one was great, the relay one was a tad bit long, confusing and its important to announce to the crowd what the game is about
2. preparation: i think for the skit- maybe because i am the asb buddy of spirit, i feel like memorization and stuff needs to be done a little earlier
3. although the sound system is not your fault, i'd say enunciate a little more
4. themes: some seniors complained about it being too similar to previous themes--- maybe more unique?
5. explain mr. and ms. viking a little more and emphasize that they should come to the floor of the gym to get a prize
OVERALL GREATTTTT JOBBB :)