Hi guys!
We would like to get some feedback from the fashion show yesterday. Thanks to everyone who came and supported/helped out, we really appreciate it.
Be sure to include:
We would like to get some feedback from the fashion show yesterday. Thanks to everyone who came and supported/helped out, we really appreciate it.
Be sure to include:
- What you liked and why you liked it
- Things that could be improved and how they could be improved.
All feedback is appreciated and we hope you had just as much fun as we did!
<3,
ASB SOCIAL
Over all, I think fashion show went really well!
ReplyDeletePros:
-good attendance. It definitely felt like a good portion of the seats were full
-entertaining show, no sound/technology glitches to my knowledge
-food trucks were a hit with the Lynbrook population. BBQ Kalbi consistently had a long line, and Gow Chow did as well as they expected
-sold out of the supplies we bought for waffles
Improvements:
-from 3-6, there really wasn't anything to do for the volunteers. InDesign officers repeatedly told us that we weren't "allowed to be" backstage, and turned away our help.
-poor communication between ASB and InDesign on the day of.
-waffle stand probably broke all known food codes.
-There were several non-ASB volunteers helping at the waffle stand, not just because they wanted to, but because we needed the help.
-We had some issues with only being able to use one waffle maker at the beginning, but Tech rescued us by doing something with the extension cords. (thank you tech!)
-Karen had to go and buy more supplies because we underbought, even though she was attending the event for the show, not as a volunteer. (thank you Karen!)
- we didn't sell waffles after school for lack of preparedness- no utensils/plates/mixing bowls
great job social!1
the one was an accident awk that wasn't supposed to be sarcastic
DeleteAs always, I think the fashion show is always a really fun and great event and this year was no different.
ReplyDeletepros:
-loved how there was a theme and the skit actually made sense
-food trucks
-I thought there was a great amount of attendance for the amount of promo we did
deltas
-need to work on promo
-raffle...niknaz had to "pretend" win the prize because no one else was claiming it
-the wrist bands were kind of a hassle and holding up the lines (maybe just stamps?)
Also, I think you guys need to clarify prices. I would send a "school blast" to parents as well since a lot of parents also attend the show. As incident occurred where, the ticket sellers were under the impression that all students (even students who are not in high school) had to pay $7. However, there was a parent under the impression that her kids would get in for free because they were younger than a high school student.
Pros: All seemed to fair well. No super major issues from what I saw (which was from a photos and tech point of view). Show was pretty good. Few incidents where things weren't working for a few seconds but those were quickly fixed. Food trucks were great, a bit pricy, but it also drove people towards the waffles.
ReplyDeleteCons: Everything to prepare for this fashion show was incredibly rushed. Set up was absolutely crazy for tech because we had so many jobs such as setting up the curtain/backdrop thing because there was no one to help out. As tech, we should be focusing on all the tech stuff which in itself was a nightmare and a lot of work, we shouldn't have to deal with things such as curtains which can easily be done by anyone else. (Sorry if that can off rudely). Clean up was almost as bad, by the end of it there were very few people left, and much of it was left to very few of us to clean up. If this is going to be an ASB sanctioned event with ASB volunteers, we can't have all our volunteers just leaving as soon as the show is over. Things still need to be put away.
Another issue I saw was an incredibly long line at the entry into the event, and the fact that the show was not delayed to give these people a chance to enter. It was not their fault for being late into the event because the line was incredibly long and slow moving, so proceeding as if they did not exist or deserve to see the opening acts was incredibly rude and an incorrect way of managing the situation in my eyes. IF there is another long line or holdup at an event like this one I would want to give people the chance to see the whole show including the opening acts if they weren't late to the event.
As mentioned, there are some issues with cables that only allowed for one waffle maker to be working due to some extension cords that were taken (as far as I know were not asked for) and used for something it wasn't meant for. Circuit breakers and yadeyadeya. Maybe investing into some waffle machines and some cables dedicated to these waffle machines would be a good idea for social instead of constantly borrowing from people. It seems quite popular and should stick around.
I'm sorry if this ended up seeming incredibly negative, there were just some issues with the event that I believe shouldn't have happened. Apart from these minor issues the event was a success, should be repeated, and should be promoed more so that more people will come out and enjoy it.
Pros:
ReplyDelete1. Food trucks did well! They seemed to have good business so hopefully we can secure even better food trucks next year. I liked how everyone came early to mingle and hang out with their friends.
2. Waffles did well! I was worried that food trucks would take business away from the waffles but it seemed that as long as we stuck to savory trucks, it was fine.
Cons:
1. The sound system messed up in the first few pre-show acts, but luckily the performers adapted and made the most of it.
2. As a volunteer, I found it somewhat frustrating that I was unable to help. InDesign saw Leadership volunteers more as nuisances than helpers.
Overall, great job to Social for planning fashion show. Props to all your hard work! I know it was difficult because none of you had prior experience, but you did well!
Pros:
ReplyDelete- Food trucks did well from what I could see.
- Waffles were VERY popular
- Good presentation of the show
Cons:
- Ran out of waffle toppings (buy more!)
- More volunteers needed at the beginning, less volunteers needed for the end. Maybe it would be helpful to get more volunteers for before 6:30 as opposed to after 6:30?
- Mixed info spread for pricing
- Sound system messed up a few times near the end
Suggestions:
ReplyDeleteIn general I think promo really needs to be stepped up.
I was surprised(and happy) at the amount of people that did show up, especially when taking into consideration the low amount of promotion.
For a large event like this, promo could begin as early as 2 weeks in advance with email blasts or announcements.
There needs to be better communication between ASB/In-Design the day of the show. Everyone needs to sit down together and run through the final plan the day before or something, because my dance group was consistently told conflicting messages.
In-Design/ASB should have scripts finalized and memorized way before. It just reflects poorly if one of the MC's is holding a piece of paper and reading off of it.
As a dancer I didn't know what was going on half the time. Just having a typed up timeline posted on the door of the cove would have helped tons. Also consider having one volunteer with a walkie talkie act as the liaison between the dance choreographers and social/in-design.
For future cleanup(for all events really), all the volunteers should meet at one location so social commissioners can delegate tasks effectively.
And lastly, make sure to get all gifts/thank you cards worked out ahead of time! haha
Everyone else has already mentioned great things, just a few more to add:
ReplyDelete-If I'm not mistaken, I don't think I saw inDesign officers helping to clean up the fashion show. When the 50/50 split was decided, we explicitly said that inDesign and ASB would both provide volunteers for the entire show, but I only saw ASB and non-ASB volunteers. Makes one rethink whether the 50/50 split should be considered for next year (@Prashant).
-Custodial services -- if it is somehow possible to set up more chairs so that people don't need to sit on the ground, that would be awesome. Not sure how many chairs we have in storage, but if anything we can also move the two metal bleachers back to make more room.
Fashion show went very smoothly. I must say, I was very impressed.
ReplyDeletePros:
1. Good Amount of attendance-- promo went well and it showed.
2. Teachers and their families were allowed for me? Or something along those lines. That's very considerate of him.
3. Waffles! Maybe a little bit more planning would be wise but overall it was smooth.
4. Volunteers: we had many volunteers available to help whenever it was needed.
Con's:
1. Some non ASB people were helping to make them and we had to make several runs to buy toppings etc.
2. Not much direction: some people could not find the entrance.
Overall, it went well. Kudos to both groups for a great event.