Hi guys! The president of PTSA has asked me to get feedback from you guys regarding the senior PTSA awards. Rather than sending out a class survey which is unnecessary for this, I'm asking you guys for 2 min of your time.
If you could comment below with this, that'd be great:
1) Would you participate in this?
2) If so, why? If not, why not?
3) Any changes/suggestions to this? The more feedback I can give her the better.
Thank you so much!
More info (plus you should have received an email about this a while ago)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attention Lynbrook Seniors!
It's time for the 2014 PTSA Senior Awards Contest! We'd like to know what you think "TO BE A LYNBROOK VIKING IS...". Create a positive, original video, piece of literature or visual art in response to that prompt and turn it in with the attached entry form. Lynbrook intends to use these submissions during upcoming school events like Link Crew, Parent Link Crew, the 50th Anniversary Celebration, etc. All submissions must be received in the Lynbrook PTSA box by 4:00 on Tuesday, April 22nd to be considered. The awards are for the best content producers in any format. The judges (members of Lynbrook staff) may award the following:
1st Place: $500 Apple Gift Card (up to 4 may be awarded)
2nd Place: $100 Amazon Gift Card (up to 5 may be awarded)
3rd Place: $50 Amazon Gift Card (up to 10 may be awarded)
Click here to see past winners of this contest:
2011 award winner: Ryan Wen
The video is posted at VImeo: http://vimeo.com/ 23248777
2013 award winner: Shaelyn Silverman
Here is the link to the video: http://youtu.be/ b5SE0q3dEPQ
Get your submission in and leave your legacy at Lynbrook! For more details, please review the attached entry form. Any questions? EMAIL to lynbrookhsptsa@gmail.com.
1) Yes.
ReplyDelete2) I like making videos.
3) Make the 1st place prize an amazon gift card too. Also I think we should be allowed to use footage shot from over the years, especially considering the prompt of "To be a viking is..."
1) Would you participate in this?
ReplyDelete- No.
2) If so, why? If not, why not?
- I'm not particularly talented in literature, videos, etc.
3) Any changes/suggestions to this? The more feedback I can give her the better.
- People aren't as attracted to Apple gift cards as they are to scholarships. Personally, I wouldn't really know what to do with an Apple gift card because I'm a PC person and I already have an iPhone. Also, the email blast they sent out was the only method of promotion. PTSA can promote better through announcements, fliers, more emails, etc.
Yo scratch my giftcard idea! Scholarships are a much better idea!
Delete1) Maybe? If I were to collaborate with someone on a single submission.
ReplyDelete2) Not, because I am not particularly creative and working on a project on my own could only end in disaster.
3) Have more submission types as not everyone is artistic.
1. Yes
ReplyDelete2. I like videos and money
3. I would consider making the gift card amazon as well but i dig apple too :)
P.s. i think this isn't promoted enough i don't even remember getting this email
1. Yes.
ReplyDelete2. I like to art.
3. I agree with the above comments about the gifts. For one, $500 can't get you much of value at Apple if you're looking for a computer, and iPhones are pricey because of data, not so much because of the initial purchase value. If possible, we could invest in other prizes that are arts/literature related (paints, sound equipment, etc.) that corroborate with the different submission types. I also find it true that PTSA does not do the promotion as well as they could.
Yes, I would participate if I had more free time. Like honestly the prizes are big and the work isn't TOO much. If only there was not AP lit ...
ReplyDeleteThough I do question the purpose of this. Like I mean its great that PTSA wants to give out $650, but what are they really rewarding? It seems like its a large award to a niche segment of LHS.
1. Yes, provided that I'm working with someone techy/good at editing with videos
ReplyDelete2. It seems like a worthwhile experience, and the prizes are goood.
3. Heavier promo! (leg council meetings?)
1) Yes.
ReplyDelete2) It doesn't seem like it's too hard to do, and as long as people had some time and were informed about this, I think people would be willing to participate.
3) I agree with everyone else about promotion, and I think the first place prize should be a gift card to Amazon instead of Apple because then people can decide how they want to use it.
1) Yes, but only given the time to do so (so probably NOT due to AP Lit or other AP's in senior year).
ReplyDelete2) I would write something if I participated.
3) I agree with the Amazon gift card idea... Ajay's idea about making more types of submissions is also a decent suggestion.
1) Yes.
ReplyDelete2) It seems like a fun summative project senior year!
3) Amazon, or even just a Visa giftcard. Apple is pretty useless to be honest!
1) Yes! As long as I remember and it is advertised.
ReplyDelete2) Incentives look great and shouldn't take too long.
3) Visa gift card for sure.
1. Yes, if i had sufficient time to work on this project and it was well advertised and hyped up!
ReplyDelete2. Big incentives and a chance to show spirit or creativity in a different medium than just grades
3. Scholarships for college! Seniors need them as tuition for college keeps rising each year. Also heavier promotion, people need to be aware that there is an opportunity to show your creativity/spirit and win meaningful prizes.