Monday, April 7, 2014

Junior Prom Feedback

Hi everyone!

The 2015 officers would like to get some feedback from those of you who went to JProm/heard about JProm.  Make sure to tell us what you liked, what you think could be improved, and suggestions for next year.

Thanks to everyone who came or helped out!  We hope you enjoyed your night!

<3 Julia

4 comments:

  1. Great turn out! I loved how it wasn't the "traditional" venue (los gatos opera house) and how the environment was so friendly with food, board games, awkward dance moves (EHEM AMIT PASUPATHY, sorry sophia). The dj played great music, no one seemed to have problems with the playlist if not praising it.

    Down sides would probably be coat check since there was no labeling what belonged to who and etc. There could have been problems with theft.
    Also, when signing into the prom, people could have easily walked in since the coat check and sign in were in the same area. But this all depends on the venue and spacing.

    Overall great job 2015 officers and props to me for the first post!!!!!
    this is jeong btw, still cannot change saki97

    ReplyDelete
  2. Junior Prom was great fun for me personally, and was enjoyed by many.

    The promo was a bit weak script wise and lost an audience because of it, but it still was decent and attracted a lot of attention.
    Promotion for prom was decent, it advertised itself quite a bit.

    At Prom itself:
    Venue was nice, on the smaller side but still good.

    The board games outside were a great addition for those not so interested in dancing, talking or eating/drinking. Entertainment is always difficult, there is always room to improve but this was a good addition, possibly more games in the future? Also a lot of people avoided going outside because it was so cold, maybe heater thingymabobs in the future?

    Music was decent, played quite a few popular songs (#Selfie was enjoyed). The popularity of these songs encouraged quite a lot of (sub-par) dancing (from me) and generally created a nice atmosphere. Other than playing a few odd songs, a lot of the music was pretty good, and I noticed that a fair bit was quite old (middle school era). A suggestion was possibly a poll or someway to collect song requests ahead of time. The dance floor was a bit small, so during slow songs it got quite packed. Along the same note, not quite enough slow songs in my opinion for a prom setting.

    What sarah said about coat check is very true, also it was a bit crowded at the entrance where both coat check and sign ins were. Move sign ins outside in the future?

    Despite these tidbits, still a great prom that was enjoyed by many. Great job by the 2015 officers for organizing and making this event enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Junior Prom 2k14 was my first formal dance, and personally, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I was going to. If you know me, I'm not really a dance person, so if I thought it was great, then it was definitely more than great.

    Promo: Honestly, while promo was enjoyable to watch, I don't think it encouraged anyone to go. It was more for entertainment than anything else because the plot was a bit unrealistic.

    Venue: It was a little small, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing because there wasn't a lot of awkward space. There were people no matter where it looked, which contributed to the pleasant atmosphere.

    Music: I'd say it was pretty good - a nice mix between songs of different genres. I'm not sure if this is tradition, but does Prom normally end on a slow song? I was a bit confused by ending it with "Talk Dirty."

    Food: I actually have no clue how it was because I didn't actually eat anything. I saw a lot of people eating throughout the night, so I'm assuming the food was good.

    Board Games: This was a nice alternative for those who didn't like dancing. The only thing I'd suggest is bringing more board games; I don't think there was enough for everyone who wanted to play something.

    Coat Check: From what I've seen and heard, coat check was super chaotic. This was probably due to the lack of space in the front of the restaurant.

    But overall, definitely a major success. Good job 2015 officers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pre-prom promo:
    1. Ticket prices were good, lower than previous years/other schools from what I've heard.
    2. Increasing the prices daily provided incentive for people to buy in the beginning, which was probably good because they're more likely to eventually bring in their permission slips.
    3. Promo video: Props to Ian and the 2015 officers for this! Personally, I would've loved to see an asking or a preprom as part of the video, but overall it was really well done.
    4. People were just really excited to go to prom, and encouraged their friends. I thought we had a really great turnout.

    @ Prom:
    1. Turnout: I loved that so many people came! There were a lot of people there who didn't care about not having dates, and I thought that was great.
    2. DJ/Dance floor: Personally, I really liked the DJ. Some of the songs were a little random (no thank you middle school throwback!), but the DJ did a good job taking requests! We might want to think about a google form for requests in the future. I also liked that prom was not a freakfest- people were just dancing all night!
    3. Food/Water: Maybe I'm just stupid, but it took me FOREVER to find water, and I was dying of thirst because of all the dancing.
    4. Security: I did see one person get caught for sneaking in, but Señora/Lee seemed pretty lax about check in- you could easily walk in if you were in a big group. I actually didn't check in- I turned around and they just waved me along.
    5. Coat check- I didn't check my coat, and I was a great decision. I didn't have to look through piles of stuff to grab my coat at the end when everyone was leaving. We should employ a system like at WF (WF Coat Check Crew h0ll@)
    6. Venue: It wasn't too far away, but the venue was a little small, and more crowded than I would have liked. I felt like every time I sat down, I was stealing someone's seat, because there just weren't a lot of seats.
    7. Games: I heard from a friend who went to JP last year that the cards were more regulated, and they all really enjoyed/appreciated that. Poker was a huge hit last year- we should bring that back!
    8. Photo booth: Line was long as usual but nothing we can really do about that :)

    Overall, I had a lot more fun than I expected- thank you 2015 officers!

    ReplyDelete